Driver for Google Cast media controls
As seen on GitHub: https://github.com/quintstoffers/neeo-driver-googlecast
This driver enables NEEO to control the media that is currently playing on the cast device (Chromecast). It is not a complete integration with the Chromecast ecosystem, as it does not let you start casting media, you'll only be able to control what's already playing.
- Device discovery
- Media controls (play, pause, etc)
- Media info (artist, track title, album art)
- Toggle play/pause (OK button)
- Stop (doubles as power off)
- Next track
- Previous track
- Skip forward (30 seconds)
- Skip backward (30 seconds)
Thanks Quint Stoffers
I know Neeo have kinda stuffed us all.. but as yet I haven't found a nicer looking solution.. and at least for the time being these plugins are helping to bridge some of the gaps... unless you have found a better solution?
I have 3 further questions:
1. I have 2 brains in my house is it possible to have two instances of this plugin running on the node server that each talk to a different brain?
2. I am finding that the plugin is crashing quite a lot.. do you find that as well?
3. If I wanted to implement a way to update the state.. could you point me in the right direction?