First day summary
- Oh wow, it finally arrived. Just right for christmas. Nice packaging.
- Setup is not as simple as I thought - nor as fast as I hoped
- Oh, my TV is stupid? And why doesn't it show up on the home screen?
- Oh, my Swisscom Box 2.0 UHD is not supported? (and it's in the basement)
- Oh, Apple TV is not supported? (and it's in the basement)
- Oh, I can't control my 5 Sonos speakers properly?
- It doesn't integrate with my Loxone system - well, no miracles here
- My Cambridge Amplifier 551-R isn't even in the device list?
- Some of my Philips Hue lights can be controlled, wow.
Bottom Line after day one: So far I can not watch anything on my TV, listen to music properly, control most of the lights, but I can switch and dim the bulbs of Hue. This will be a lot of work and a long wait, if I don't get new insights tomorrow.
Same here, got it yesterday. But... really love it so far. Really cool packaging! Setup of my Samsung TV, AppleTV and even my Anthem Receiver really easy and quick. I admit, Philips Hue setup is quite annoying and so far I don‘t see myself using neeo for lighting. But then again I got my motion detectors and switches for that. Sonos was also connected really quick but I couldn‘t test it so far. As soon as I get the infrared dongle for my SwisscomTV my setting should be complete. Byebye remotes ;) and merry christmas everyone!
Thomas Bollinger What TV Model do you have? We might be able to smarten it right away. If not - in the coming firmware release latest you can smarten it.
The swisscom TV box needs a dongle. Unfortunately they don’t support CEC control or such. With the dongle it works fine though.
There is a big Sonos update coming in the coming weeks. You can look forward to it. It should already work in the current release though wahr firmware version are you on?
Thanks & merry Christmas!
OK, thank you all for help here. In the meantime I bought an IR receiver adapter for Swisscom TV and an IR extender which connects the two rooms - all in all another investment of around 100 CHF. Results:
- I can now watch TV with NEEO - yay
- Apple TV cannot communicate with NEEO over IR - it doesn't learn the signals :(
- Philips HUE always worked and still does
- Sonos works basically, the lack of possibilities has been documented here enough
So the summary after 3 weeks: From basically 5% that worked as expected I am at 30% - still a very low level of satisfaction. For raising my satisfaction over 50% it would need a fix for the "stupid" devices, Sonos groups, and most of all: Bluetooth and/or IP-control instead of IR.