I have been able to connect NEEO with HomeKit using the node.js homebridge project (NEEO team should restructure NEEO-sdk to the same pattern as homebridge. Allows multiple drivers to run on one instance of the server and easily extensible). The integration is very basic at the moment and simply sends a button press command to homebridge. I use homebridge to define buttons in HomeKit which trigger a HomeKit scene. This way I can actually trigger any number of HomeKit scenes (like 'watch movie' that closes the window shades and dims the lights) with one button press on the NEEO remote. This button can be added to any recipe so that the HomeKit scene is triggered when you run your TV recipe.
I'm working on packaging it up on github and will add it to the public drivers list but I will need help to tidy it up and perhaps improve the structure. I haven't done any serious coding for quite some time so it's all a bit rusty. We can use this thread to discuss any future improvements we'd like to make.
1. Stateful integration so NEEO knows the state of the HomeKit scenes and devices. Currently it's a stateless implementation so no status is sent back to NEEO.
2. Allow HomeKit scene activation from iOS devices (including Siri) to trigger NEEO recipes (bi-directional integration)
Humayun Hasan Just wanted to follow up that I found your Homebridge plugin and wow! Totally cool and it works great.
The directions in the readme are missing a few things though. I know what a pain writing documentation is (I've done my fair share of it) but was completely confused about a few things.
Just some quick notes for anyone else who might be trying to get this working:
1. This plugin is required and while the example config file includes it there's no mention that you'll need to install if you haven't already:
sudo npm install -g homebridge-websocket
2. Probably obvious but the neeo-sdk is required to be installed too.
sudo npm install -g neeo-sdk
3. Since I hadn't done any NEEO SDK work before I wasn't immediately clear on how to find your hostname. You can find it in the About panel of the phone app.Reply
Humayun Hasan First, thanks for your work and time you are investing to share with the community. 🙏
Due to the recent Logitech Harmony Firmware mess (closing API), I'm considering to switch to NEEO. I use the Harmony Hub with a Homebridge HomeKit Plugin, so I wouldn't want to miss the integration to HomeKit anymore. Is this/your plugin working and development still going on? It would be fantastic and I'm sure there a a lot more people of the Homebridge community who now have NEEO in focus with a working Homebridge Plugin in addition.
Thanks again and hope hearing from you. 👍Reply