Known Issues (Release 0.51.13)
It has been requested that we do a summary of the most important known issues with the current software release for NEEO. I will update this post for every release.
So here we go:
FLICKERING ON NEEO REMOTE
In some rare occasions, a few UI elements on the NEEO Remote are loaded twice. This can appear as a short flickering on the display. Our developer team already has a fix in the works so this one should be resolved in the next release.
Currently, Smart Delays can only be decreased but not increased. User specific increases are being ignored and replaced the actual setting from the database.
If the delays for your device are not working correctly, please let us know the correct delays. We are happy to add this to our database so it's even better. This fixes things not just for you but the delays will then work correctly for everyone who owns such a device.
Support of Nest is currently disabled, will be reactivated once completely fixed. Reason for this are resulting random issues which seem unrelated to Nest and therefore may cause bugs/reports which can't be reproduced.
INTERNAL TV TUNER AUDIO OVER EXTERNAL AVR
When using the internal tuner of a TV in combination with an external AVR (Audio Video Receiver) the automatically generated recipe does not turn on the AVR. You can manually correct this by adjusting the recipe.
OBLIGATORY ASSIGNMENT OF AUDIO DEVICES
Currently, it is mandatory to assign audio devices to a TV/projector to a source device (i.e. Radio). This does not make sense when you need audio only and not image. This can be fixed by manually editing the recipe after going through the automated wiring.
Updated: August 24th 2018
A few things I’ve noticed since the update last night.
1. NVidia Shield TV device needs to be removed then re-added. Once added it works better than before with the TV CEC controls. However, I lose the NVidia Shield TV bar along the top of the screen when I back out or hit the “Home” button on the he remote. (See image below) I don’t see “NVidia Shield” at the top, like I do “Cable”. So I have to rerun the recipe every time I back out to the home screen.
2. NVidia Shield also needs the ability to press and hold the “Ok” button to get extra functionality options on some apps.
3. I like the added sliders for Hue bulbs, however the bulbs do not respond anymore at all. Today I will remove the devices and re-add them to see if that fixes the problem.
Does anyone have any tips to help these issues, if possible? Thx
After update my remote won’t respond at all. The on screen buttons react when pressed, but nothing happens. Sometimes, I can press a button (on screen or a hard button) & after a few moments the remote will run the recipe or whatever-do what it’s supposed to, but there’s no reaction to the device it’s supposed to be effecting.
It’s been a few days of this.
Hello, I received my remote 2 days ago and I encountered bugs that makes NEEO unusable.
OLEDB7 TV :
1) The "input scrool TV" shortcut is buggy. This key is required to select CEC sources. When I use this shortcut, the remote control freezes!
2) The physical key "Menu", does not open the menu, but the "guide" programs. Bad! I propose this remapping : https://planet.neeo.com/t/362r0x/new-remapping-for-lg-tv-webos
1) am I obliged to use an IR sensor connected to the brain? While the NEEO app on my smartphone works without? it would arrange me that the remote control works as with my smartphone, because my material is in a room other than my TV ...
David T said:
The "input scrool TV" shortcut is buggy. This key is required to select CEC sources. When I use this shortcut, the remote control freezes!
Last thing you want to use is the input scroll button. When adding Devices to NEEO they add a recipe, follow the wizard and select the correct hdmi inputs.
The menu menu button is bound to guide on all TV’s. Holding the menu button results in opening the menu. Hope this helps.
if the app works that the remote does work to. Even in another room. Delays in control could suggest bad Ir reception so I would suggest trying some different placements to have an optimal configuration.
If you want CEC to function properly, set up all your devices with your AVR first (CEC settings) once done add the devices to NEEO as usual.
I even have an HDMI cable from the BRAIN to one of the ports on the AVR and everything just works (AVR-Bruray-KODI-Kathrein TV receiver)
Note: The AVR is the master switcher and the main port out to the TV
I updated recently (2) remotes on one Brain. My remotes are almost not usuable now. They say “please wait”, “connecting to brain”. Sometimes they connect again and sometimes they don’t. Battery life is horrible now. Will say I have 60% then 5 minutes later I have 10%. When I press a button or touchscreen is doesn’t repack don’t most of the time now. On both remotes. My brain has been in the same spot since I purchased the whole setup with no problems until last update. Please help
Sean bradshaw. Thank you very much for reporting this. Thanks, Markus Mahr for tagging me and helping out.
Is your Wifi router also up to date? Can you please confirm if "Prioritize NEEO Link" is on or off? This can be found in the app settings under NEEO Remote. Please make sure that your NEEO Brain is connected to a 2.4GHz network with channel width 20MHz. (Same network connection as your smartphone.) Is the network connectivity stable when connecting the NEEO Brain via ethernet cable to the router? You can also try to set network channel 1, 6 or 11. In regards to your battery life issue, could you let me know what UPTIME you can see, from the moment when it's fully charged until it is at 0%? (You can find this in the About section directly on your NEEO remote)
Could you also try to perform a reset of your NEEO remotes?
1. Hold the power button on the NEEO remote for 15 seconds
2. Wait a few seconds
3. Press the power & mute button simultaneously for a few seconds
4. You should see the option for recovery, follow the on-screen steps.