So, I have been trying to figure out the Neeo and the lack of instructions and guidance is really poor. A quick setup guide would be really good.
So, I have a few questions,
1. What’s the point of the HDMI on the back of the Neeo?
2. What is the point of the “I think it’s as IR extension” with the long-braided cable, it has a small one-inch black circle on the end.
3. I have a Boxee Box and it has a remote which is Bluetooth I guess, I have recently purchased a IR dongle for it, I have no idea how to get it to work with the Neeo. The brain has a BT transmitter can that be used to control the Boxee or will I need to use the IR dongle?
A diagram with where each item is located would be nice when planning where to place the Neeo.
Thanks for the help in advance.
1. The HDMI is for CEC type of connections/control
2. That is an IR Extender - useful if you equipment is out of sight (such as in a cabinet) of the brain.
3. The bluetooth functionality in the brain isn't active yet - if you got the IR dongle working, then the brain can use that (I don't have a boxee box so can't help much there)
Why wouldnt the bluetooth in the brain be available?
This is the IR reciever that i have https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004B9FPIS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hi, Wayne Dean. Welcome to Planet NEEO.🙂 I have forwarded your request to the team. They can add IR devices very quickly and independent from firmware releases. If it's not an IR device we use a voting system to add the most favored devices here. In that way, we are able to set priority for the most wanted devices. Please check out our NEEO guide on the NEEO help desk over here. For further help or information, you are always welcome to write here on Planet NEEO.
Ingrid Dave H Tim Roberts Niels de Klerk Would this IR Receiver work? It seems to be MCE approved and I can still return the other if I need to, but that won’t last for ever. Can anyone advise?
Andy does these work?
Im just going to get something thats supported nativly, i have no intrest in wait months for you guys to do what ever it is that you do, for the sake of £5.