First NEEOs arriving today - Update your NEEO right away
The moment we have all been waiting for is finally here, the very first NEEOs will arrive at your homes today. Please understand that dependant on your location the shipment may take a few days more after you have received your tracking number.
Update your NEEO right away
We want you to experience all the new features and important fixes of the most recent firmware. Therefore, please update your NEEO right away using an ethernet connection, which is currently required for the first setup in all cases.
Your NEEO will arrive with the firmware 0.40.7. The latest versions are the following:
NEEO Brain: 0.45.7
NEEO Remote: 0.45.6
How to update
After installing the NEEO App on your mobile device, open the app and follow the instructions on your mobile device to set up NEEO.
If you are able to connect to your WiFi throughout the initial setup, you may completely skip this guide and just follow the instructions in the NEEO app. After the initial setup, allow your NEEO Brain some time to download the latest firmware in the background. A red exclamation mark appearing on the settings menu on the top right will indicate the update is ready. Now to get your NEEO Brain updated, just tap on the settings menu, follow the red exclamation mark and the screen instructions on your mobile device.
If you are having troubles getting WiFi connected in the initial setup, follow all steps below.
- During the WiFi setup, tap "Skip this step" and ignore the warnings on the following screens. Don't boot your NEEO Remote yet, in case you already did, don't worry.
- Proceed following the instructions in the NEEO mobile app. After adding your first device (for example your TV) tap "Done".
- Allow your NEEO Brain some time to download the firmware in the background. A red exclamation mark appearing on the settings menu on the top right will indicate the update is ready as shown on the first picture of this post.
- Tap on the settings menu in the NEEO mobile app and follow the exclamation mark by clicking "NEEO Brain" and then "Firmware update". Start the update by clicking "Update". The LED indicator on the NEEO Brain will be blinking in red during the update process.
- Follow the instructions on the screen until the update is completed. Be aware that the update process will take 10-15 minutes.
- You can now setup your Wifi connection by opening the settings menu in the NEEO mobile app, tapping "NEEO Brain" and then "WiFi Setup". Follow the instructions to get your WiFi connection up and running.
- Once your WiFi is setup, you may unplug the ethernet cable of your NEEO Brain if you wish.
You can now start using your NEEO Remote. Just follow the instructions on the screen of the NEEO Remote to get it setup. After pairing your NEEO Remote with your NEEO Brain, your NEEO Remote will automatically start downloading the latest firmware. A popup on the NEEO Remote will inform you once the update for the NEEO Remote is ready to be installed.
More devices can be added by using the NEEO mobile app. Open the settings menu, tap "Devices" and then "Add a device".