Release Notes “True Survivor" (Release 0.49.10)
I am more than delighted to unveil the next software release to you! The release is ready when you read this. In order to get it onto your NEEO quickly, make sure to check out the "how to update your NEEO” section below.
As always, many of the new features are strongly influenced by all the discussions and the feedback you provide on Planet NEEO. Thanks a lot for being so active!
I’m super excited to announce the new customization features. Starting from today you will be able to freely customize the view of every single screen on the NEEO remote & app. By sorting, hiding and manually creating any screens for each individual device you get a whole new level of customization. Let’s dive deeper:
Whenever you start a recipe on NEEO, you’ll have different screens available through which you can swipe horizontally, those screens are what we call a "recipe slide". Here are a couple of examples of what you can do: Let’s say you are using the TV recipe only for SmartTV functions and don’t need the TV favorites slides, no problem, you can now hide these. Another one: If all you need on your setup box are the “Favorites” slides, go ahead an hide everything else. Generally, if the automatically generated slides are not what you wish to use, create new slides with shortcuts and just drag them in the first position and you’ll always get to see this first. I could write a whole book of examples right here, but I’m sure you got it ;-) Just FYI - depending on how you add the buttons, sliders, widgets etc - some shortcut screens can look a bit weird. We are working on the cosmetics of these shortcuts as they just became more important with the new customization options. Things will look muuuch prettier in the next release (most likely 0.50.x). Just wanted to warn you ;-)
All these customization options are available via the NEEO App by choosing “Edit slides” on the top right within a recipe or by going to the settings in the NEEO App and then choosing “Customize Slides” after clicking on a recipe.
Of course there is a ton more. Thanks to a bunch of change in the background the NEEO experience has been further improved for more speed, even higher reliability and overall snappier performance. In addition to a bunch of SDK changes we also enabled support for hidden SSIDs. Below are the full release notes for everyone who loves to know the details. Also, check out the Known Issues for this release.
How to update your NEEO
Once the update is available it will show up in your NEEO App as well as on the NEEO Remote in the top right corner with a red dot with an exclamation mark. All you have to do is opening the NEEO App and then follow this red exclamation mark, you’ll then be guided through the process. We have also prepared a little guide.
Be aware that it may take a few hours until your NEEO Brain shows the update, not all of them download the update at the same time, so give it some time. A little hint from me: Rebooting the NEEO Brain initiates a firmware check and speeds up the download process.
Release Version NEEO Brain: 0.49.10
Release Version NEEO Remote: 0.49.10
- Fixed issue when Sonos did not update the correct state - for example after a Sonos firmware update or when you cleared the Queue.
- Fixed issue when Sonos could not be controlled anymore.
- Improved command queue handling, commands for other devices should not be blocked anymore if a single device is causing issues.
- Device recipe slides can now be sorted and disabled.
- Display Fire TV hardware details during discovery.
- Fixed a rare issue where Sonos, Hue, FireTV devices were no longer visible when trying to add a new device.
- Improved memory and CPU usage.
- Fixed issue that the NEEO Brain was getting a new IP Address after a firmware update.
- Added specific error message when a recipe cannot be executed because the queue is full.
- Fixed strange fork and other weird icons in the top-left corner for some scenarios in the Mobile App.
- Show registered SDK adapters directly in the NEEO App in the menu "SDK Integrations" in the NEEO Brain section of the NEEO App settings.
- Registered SDK Adapters are now saved, so no more need to restart these after rebooting the NEEO Brain.
- Improved CEC discovery for Amazon FireTV.
- Fixed issue where LIFX, FireTV and other devices were no longer controllable after a reboot of the Brain.
- Fixed issue where Spotify was not browsable.
- Improved Z-Wave error messages.
- Fixed issue when Spotify account was not logged in / browsable on the NEEO Remote / App
- Added feature to connect to non-broadcasted (hidden) WIFI SSIDs.
- Updated Z-Wave Database.
- Device recipes slides are now shown according to the settings in the NEEO App.
- Improved image rendering.
- Improved style for popups.
- Recording widget now uses the same icon for "My recordings" as in NEEO App.
- Improved WiFi Reconnecting.
- Fixed memory leak when processing Neeo-link messages.
- Added reset of wifi chip if the connection to NEEO Brain fails.
- Improved FTUE screen explaining how to press the button for pairing on NEEO Brain (only 1 second for pairing).
- Added support for Hidden SSIDs.
- Improved image downloading to prevent delay of any other processes on slow wifi connections.
- Improved handling of interrupted downloads
First off, thanks for this upgrade, some devices create many slides so it is nice we can hide them (and the shortcut page, which is often left blank)
create new slides with shortcuts
I must be missing something here as I saw no « new slide » option, only the existing shortcut page. Also noticed the light recipe normally shows « light » at the top of the screen but when you hide the default slide (keeping only the shortcut slide) this changes to the name of the first shortcut?!?Reply
Upgraded (after having to reboot like some others).
I have noticed that now my tv controls (as this is all I am able to use it for) the button presses seem to be sticking.
For example I'm going to type in some things in the tv keyboard (using the directional arrows and center button to navigate the keyboard). If I single tap one of the buttons it seems to sometimes add multiple presses.
for example I highlight the letter "a" and then click the center button (enter) and it'll send "aaaa" sometimes. Or pressing the right arrow once, it'll move it between 1-4 spaces sometimes.
This happens on the digital controls(phone app controls) as well as the physical buttons on the remote, making it pretty much unusable.Reply
Patrick As I just wrote to Jeff under the old Post, LIFX still isn't working for me.
Chromecast was discussed with Jeff mostly via DM, but that also isn't any better after the upgrade. Pause/Play of Chromecast works on a fresh reboot of the Brain, but quickly craps out - not sure if it happens after a period of time, or after running another Recipe, but it dies very quickly... Pause/Play buttons stop working.
This was discussed right away after the last upgrade.... I had hoped you'd address it in this release.Reply
Update is installed and I´m able to customize a little more. I´m able to re-order the slides and show/hide them. Good improvement and keep up the good work...but I haven´t found a way to edit/customize existing slides or create a new / additional one.
Why do I want to edit/customize existing slides? Correct names of some buttons (Smart Hub vs. Menu), location/order of the buttons or to show/hide them.
New slides would be great so I really would be able to customize it the way I would desire...buttons "I" use most (think everybody uses his remote differently) on my 1st screen.
I´m also missing a way to integrate the app´s installed on my TV. (e.g. Amazon Video (I saw a Netflix one when I remember correctly)
For these reasons, I still use my standard Samsung remote more frequent then my beautiful NEEO...
BTW just discovered that "Sunrise/sunset" would be a nice feature to integrate in "recipes". (unsure if it should be "time of day" or "sunrise/sunset") I´ve created my recipes for e.g. switching on my TV/XBOX/DVD-Player in winter when it was dark (early). These switch on the device and also the Hue lamps in that room. When in day- or summertime I don´t need the lamps to be switched on (that early).Reply
so wow. i can now re-order the slides. really? this is it? i want to rename functions, have other pictures for them - have my very own design and arrangement for only one slide with all the functions i need.
it is ok to have a "beginner-mode" where you design everything and say how to do things. but in the end, neeo will only be great if you give power to the people! and at least this means to have your sdk running on the brain so people can create everything that is needed without the need for any other hardware! - so your programmers can do what they need to do: bugfix everything! why can't i still use smart-delays? where is a way to program "if this, than that"? my remote has to send unnecessary commands just to have every command for every case...Reply