Sony TV, Denon AVR troubles
Hi NEEO team,
I would like to report a couple of issues which I found out during my setup process. My devices are as follows:
KD55XD9308 edit: KD55XD9305
IP4.TV EVO4 Orange cable settopbox
#1 I can not add the settopbox IP4.TV EVO4 from Orange Slovakia because it is not recognized by your library. There is a similar device in your library from O2, but not working either. This is crucial for me.
#2 Sony KD55XD9308 does not turn off most of the time. When I just want to try the IR code within a recipe, it does not work. But occasionally when I hit the turn off button on the remote, it goes off.
#3 Denon AVR-X1300W Turn off IR code does not work most of the time.
#4 NETFLIX. I created a recipe for watching Netflix on my TV. Why does it not show the status line on home screen like when I run the TV recipe? Will you add an icon for Netflix too? Same goes also for PS4.
#5 When I want to watch any video source through my AVR, I use the designated TV button on the original remote for Sony. It is mapped to HDMI3, but more importantly it will turn the TV on. I miss this IR command in the library. This way I have to use more steps and delays in the recipe to turn on, wait and change input.
#6 Playstation could be shortened to PS4, therefor it would show the whole text under the otherwise nice icon. Now it shows PLAYSTATI...
#7 KNX integration? I have KNX smarthome, with KNX/IP router installed. Do you plan to implement KNX integration? If yes, could you tell me when?
#8 NETFLIX again. When watching netflix I need to stick with the TV controls on the remote, but what sense does it make to have Favorites on the first page? Could I hide this screen somehow?
#9 NETFLIX once more. When I watch netflix and push the power off hard button on the remote, it does not turn off the TV or AVR, just shows a message in the circle: Turning off PS4 (which was not on before).
#10 During the setup process at the setp ADD DEVICE, there is no way to get to the previous page (the back button does not work), so you have to kill the app and start over.
Please have a look at these issues, as right now I need to stick with my old remote (RTI) and cannot use NEEO the way I wanted.
Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback, that helps a lot to fix things quickly.
1. I have assigned that to the device driver team, once added they will let you know.
2./3. We will re-check the power commands for that device. Sound like we could improve that, I have an idea. We'll let you know when we have changed that.
4. I assume that is a recipe you have created yourself, right? The is a limit of manually created recipes of which we still have to get rid. I would currently recommend the workaround to just add any other device (one you don't actually have), for example an AppleTV. The edit the steps in this recipe to control your TV again. This way it should also be handled in the now active section.
5. So basically the HDMI3 command for the Denon AVR-X1300W is missing, did I get that right?
6. I like that idea. Will check what we can do. But I guess you could also rename the device, if we are talking about the same icon.
7. We are not working on this yet, but chances are there that this is coming.
8. You can not hide that page yet. Sorting and editing these pages has been requested many times on Planet NEEO, we are working on this, so you should very soon be able to do so.
9. This is resulting from the same issue as 4. Since the manually created recipes do not have the "Powered Off..." section, NEEO does nothing. You can fix this with the same workaround. If you need a more detailed explanation check Planet NEEO or ask here again.
10. Could you share a screenshot of that? I think there should be one on the top left.
let me reply to the points selectively:
1. OK thank you, please let me know. This is the most important issue for me.
4. I created a new recipe with AppleTV, removed all the steps inside and created new ones according to the old recipe for Netflix. Did not help, could you please be more specific what to do to make it work please?
5. No, the TV button is on the TV remote, and it is binded together with the HDMI3 input in the TV itself. This very same issue is also discussed here: https://planet.neeo.com/t/k9kgcy/imput-tv-sony-android-tv
6. My bad, I forgot that the long name was my input during the setup process. Now I renamed it to PS4 with no troubles.
9. Could you please write me what is the exact function of the Power OFF hard button on Neeo remote? Or send me a link to some docu? I am struggling to understand how it is supposed to work.
10. Not replicable today, strange. Must have been some strange bug. And yes, I tried the back button on top left corner.