Long delays on Shutdown and general failure to complete recipes
I have a problem with some of my recipes, I can categorise them in three ways:
1. Some IR devices do not turn on e.g. Zappiti 4K HDR. The brain is on a shelf above and below different devices, within a cupboard. Whether the cupboard doors are open or closed (there is a wall 1m in front of open doors) does not seem to make a difference and some devices don't seem to be receiving the correct IR signals. E.g. When already switched on, the Audio Processor does not change to the correct input when changing recipe but simply stays on the previously used input.
2. Some devices (TV mostly) take a long time to turn off when clicking the standby button, up to 30 seconds some-times. The IR blaster extender is used for TV.
3. Shutdown recipes not working correctly, Some of my devices e.g. media player, do not consume much power when on and because they take ages to boot, I would prefer to leave them on. I have removed the command to turn them off from the shutdown recipe but they still turn off.
I don't think any of these issues should be IR line of sight related.
Thanks for your help.
Many thanks for your feedback!
1. Can you please try out other commands then the power commands? I want to figure out where the issue is. A detailed list about which button on which device doesn't work would be very helpful.
2. Please measure for the TV how long the device takes to power off until it can be powered on again. Please test this with the original remote. Also, let me know which exact model you are using. We can change the delays from here.
3. Please send me screenshots of the recipe power off steps of the affected recipes.
Thanks! I'm sure we get all of this working.
Thanks for getting back to me.
I was thinking about this last night, the failure to select the correct input may be due to me reducing the delay to the Processor before changing input. that might be causing the input not changing on startup?
I'll check the other items this evening. I also wanted to ask if you could remap some of the controls on the Zappiti 4K HDR which are incorrect at present. Again iI will document those later.
I have a lot to test so I'll start with the simplest thing to document if that's ok with you?
Zappiti 4K HDR Recipe
Most of the buttons on the LCD need remapping as they are incorrect. Zappiti uses some unconventional (and pretty crappy) controls which I will explain below.
1. The Zappiti has no Stop button so this can be removed
2. The Play button server two functions, as a Play/Pause toggle. It would be great if the icon could be changed to represent this. Zappiti use a Play and pause symbol combined. Something like this (>||) (Did I mention I design icons for a living? I'd be happy to help in this regard!) It's not a big deal to leave it as it is I guess.
3. The FF seems to open the Zappit update button, ideally this should be mapped to the Up Arrow which controls FF playback.
4. The RW button seems to be mapped to the backup button, can this be mapped to the Down Arrow, please.
5. The Skip forward button >| seems to be mapped to the backup button, can this be mapped to the right arrow, please? As this skips forward playback by 1 minute.
6. The Skip forward button |< seems to be mapped to the backup button, can this be mapped to the left arrow, please? As this skips backward playback by 1 minute.
As I mentioned, I prefer to leave the Zappiti on when I end the recipe as it us used a lot and takes ages to boot. I removed the Off command from the recipe but it still turns off when the recipe ends. See below (also included is the launch recipe for reference)
I think I have manually changed the delays in all my recipes because they seemed to take a while to respond. I'll document that more in my next reply but you can see the delay is 1 second in the attached Zappiti recipe.
My Audio Processor is an Anthem AVM60. It might be a sensible move for me reapply the default delay added to recipes for this device, between sending the power on command and selecting input? If you can let me know what that is (4seconds?) then I can correct my recipes and see if it cures some of my issues?