Release Notes "Six Three Three Six" (Release 0.53.8)
I am happy to let you know that we have just published the release 0.53.8 to you. Check the note below to learn more about how to update your NEEO.
Also, check the biggest news NEEO has ever announced!
This release comes with even more customization options since many of you have been asking for these. You can now give custom names to your shortcuts, you can add empty spaces on your shortcut pages, you can edit the icons of custom recipes and much more.
There is even a new UI in that release. I don't want to say more, just do the update and you'll see 😉 Don't worry, you can switch back to the old UI if you don't like it.
We have added our Multibrain Driver as well. This driver allows you to connect multiple NEEO Brains together. This becomes especially handy when you have devices which need to be controlled over IR or HDMI CEC in different locations. This requires some manual steps to set up, in exchange, this brings huge flexibility. By adding the device "NEEO Brain" you can add devices which you have previously configured on another NEEO Brain.
In addition to these and many other new features, we implemented a load of fixes and improved the NEEO Remote stability even further. HDMI CEC based drivers now profit from a major overhaul, especially in regards to reliability and power-states.
- Shortcuts can now be manually renamed
- Added basic NEEO Multibrain Driver
- SDK Drivers can now be updated without re-adding to NEEO
- Devices controlled over HDMI CEC properly reflected Power State on NEEO
- Infrared Devices are automatically updated if there is a change in the database
- New UI, can be toggled back to old look in the NEEO App
- Custom Recipes can now be duplicated
- There is now a spacer which you can use to further customize your shortcut pages
- Icons for custom recipes can now be manually selected
- If you have only one room setup this now is the new home screen
How to update your NEEO
Pretty simple as announced in release 0.50.6: Simply wait for the NEEO Remote or the NEEO App to show the red exclamation mark, then click on it and follow the instructions. If you are not running 0.50.6 yet, follow this little guide to update via the NEEO App.
The firmware release is not published at the very same moment in all regions, so be aware that it may take up to 24 hours until your NEEO Brain shows the update, so give it some time.
Release Version NEEO Brain: 0.53.8
Release Version NEEO Remote: 0.53.8
- Improved reliability when connecting to IKEA Tradfri lamps
- Shortcuts in the NEEO App are now shown in pages just like on the NEEO Remote
- Improved UI when using sensors to trigger recipes
- Added more Z-Wave devices
- Fixed Z-Wave alarms not correctly triggering recipes
- Fixed bug which caused time-based recipes to be triggered on a wrong day
- Fixed title of light recipes to not show device names
- TV with no tuners will no longer show the favorites screen
- Fixed Add-Button not working when sorting recipe steps, shortcuts, favorites or rooms
- Fixed room order getting lost after reboot
- Fixed error when moving Accessory-Devices between rooms
- Fixed slider positions in list view
- Improved slider shortcuts layout
- Negative Z-Wave parameters are now allowed
- Additionally to GitHub the SDK can now be downloaded directly from the NEEO Brain (http://BRAIN_IP:3200/sdk/)
- Improved device discovery UI
- Fixed issue "cannot read property data from undefined" when adding a new Z-Wave device
- "Rename Brain" is no longer a hidden setting
- Fixed Z-Wave General Device Exclusion showing "undefined undefined"
- Fixed standard NEEO Brain name after factory reset
- Lights are now also shown in slides/pages in the NEEO App instead of the long scrollable list, identical to the NEEO Remote
- Fixed room view not truncating long names correctly
- Fixed "next" and "done" buttons when adding/editing recipes
- Fixed touch handling in lists
- Model type is now shown in touchscreen
- NEEO Remote automatically does a project update when "Show Control..." step is changed
- Fixed visible touch feedback when selecting list entries
- Fixed freeze during pairing/recovery due to wrong versions
- Fixed flickering of the screen after remote reboot
- Fixed touch crashes
- Fixed sliders with negative range like -100 to 100
- Improved screen fadeout
- Full SDK Release Notes are available here
So you now finally announce multi brain support, and at the same time announce now more shipments EVER!!!
Based on your previous posts, as a control4 and Neeo owner, am punting that they will both turn to shit and not be compatible to use together ever. Meaning I will have to buy a new remote blah blah blah blah.
Like many of us, I am very disappointed by this announcement. I just bought this remote !!
I'm very scared that with your new life at "Control 4" you do not have time to manage the Neeo updates and that the firmware remains in beta state ...
I was glad to see that a new firmware version is available but since I installed it I am very disappointed.
The black wallpaper is a good choice, but the icons of the TV channels are often black. Which means that we no longer see the name of the channels ! (you can see this in the attached files)
Can we change the wallpaper?
Another thing, I'm still waiting for the ability to change the function of the physical keys. Do you expect to give us access to this feature?
I use a Freebox and the physical keys are not well set.
It would also be good to give us the opportunity to do infrared learning.
Patrick I am just staggered that you and the staff are exhibiting this excitement when we just got told the company is sold and the remote will be useless soon ?
i just don’t get it ? Why be so upbeat about it, be honest and tell us it sucks, I have only had mine 1 month so how do you think I feel ! I spent a lot on what I thought would be an incredible product for a long time yet now it’s basically junk in a matter of months not supporting any new devices ?
are you as ELATED and EXCITED !! Or being real are you as shattered as we are ?Reply
Extremely disappointed ... given the current state of the software we should have been getting updates of this ambition level at least every month. As it turns out, we won’t be getting any from now on. The list of things we were promised is too long and depressing to write down.
Obvious questions at this stage to at least keep this going:
1) what exactly happens after 24 months? Will the remote continue to work or not?
2) will IR learning, which was promised from the beginning, finally be implemented so we can continue to use the remote when we buy a device that is not in the database?
EDIT: come to think of it, hardware button remappping will also be needed alongside IR learning ... as well as icon changes and probably a couple other things. Shouldn’t be too hard, these are after all very basic features for a universal remote.Reply
a great pity this update. I really expected more. At least according to your announcement, an update with the necessary (ease of use is still shit, support BT, nest support, easy to create and customize recipes, IR, etc.) would have done well.
Please make sure that I can use the remote without a server and add new devices manually. This expectation should be fulfilled at least - everything else is just shit from you.
I would like to clarify how things will continue after the 24 months and not a blah blah blah.Reply
Come on, guys. If this is your last firmware update, that would be a joke.
You could have been working on a final open source version for at least the last few weeks. A 1.0 software with the most important things that the remote remains future-proof. IR learning and a configuration of all keys. Now you just hope that there are some programmers among us who will do the work for you.
I'm looking forward to your future, but that's not a Swiss virtue, his base that made you great to dump.Reply
hoffe das die halten kann was NEEO immer versprochen hat. Oder ist das euer „zweites“ Standbein das ihr wieder verkaufen und einstampfen könnt wenn genug Leute euch Geld in den Arsch geschoben haben?
Richtig mieser Move, aber bei 11 Mille gibts auch kein Gewissen mehr anscheinend.Reply