Release Notes "Six Three Three Six" (Release 0.53.8)
I am happy to let you know that we have just published the release 0.53.8 to you. Check the note below to learn more about how to update your NEEO.
Also, check the biggest news NEEO has ever announced!
This release comes with even more customization options since many of you have been asking for these. You can now give custom names to your shortcuts, you can add empty spaces on your shortcut pages, you can edit the icons of custom recipes and much more.
There is even a new UI in that release. I don't want to say more, just do the update and you'll see 😉 Don't worry, you can switch back to the old UI if you don't like it.
We have added our Multibrain Driver as well. This driver allows you to connect multiple NEEO Brains together. This becomes especially handy when you have devices which need to be controlled over IR or HDMI CEC in different locations. This requires some manual steps to set up, in exchange, this brings huge flexibility. By adding the device "NEEO Brain" you can add devices which you have previously configured on another NEEO Brain.
In addition to these and many other new features, we implemented a load of fixes and improved the NEEO Remote stability even further. HDMI CEC based drivers now profit from a major overhaul, especially in regards to reliability and power-states.
- Shortcuts can now be manually renamed
- Added basic NEEO Multibrain Driver
- SDK Drivers can now be updated without re-adding to NEEO
- Devices controlled over HDMI CEC properly reflected Power State on NEEO
- Infrared Devices are automatically updated if there is a change in the database
- New UI, can be toggled back to old look in the NEEO App
- Custom Recipes can now be duplicated
- There is now a spacer which you can use to further customize your shortcut pages
- Icons for custom recipes can now be manually selected
- If you have only one room setup this now is the new home screen
How to update your NEEO
Pretty simple as announced in release 0.50.6: Simply wait for the NEEO Remote or the NEEO App to show the red exclamation mark, then click on it and follow the instructions. If you are not running 0.50.6 yet, follow this little guide to update via the NEEO App.
The firmware release is not published at the very same moment in all regions, so be aware that it may take up to 24 hours until your NEEO Brain shows the update, so give it some time.
Release Version NEEO Brain: 0.53.8
Release Version NEEO Remote: 0.53.8
- Improved reliability when connecting to IKEA Tradfri lamps
- Shortcuts in the NEEO App are now shown in pages just like on the NEEO Remote
- Improved UI when using sensors to trigger recipes
- Added more Z-Wave devices
- Fixed Z-Wave alarms not correctly triggering recipes
- Fixed bug which caused time-based recipes to be triggered on a wrong day
- Fixed title of light recipes to not show device names
- TV with no tuners will no longer show the favorites screen
- Fixed Add-Button not working when sorting recipe steps, shortcuts, favorites or rooms
- Fixed room order getting lost after reboot
- Fixed error when moving Accessory-Devices between rooms
- Fixed slider positions in list view
- Improved slider shortcuts layout
- Negative Z-Wave parameters are now allowed
- Additionally to GitHub the SDK can now be downloaded directly from the NEEO Brain (http://BRAIN_IP:3200/sdk/)
- Improved device discovery UI
- Fixed issue "cannot read property data from undefined" when adding a new Z-Wave device
- "Rename Brain" is no longer a hidden setting
- Fixed Z-Wave General Device Exclusion showing "undefined undefined"
- Fixed standard NEEO Brain name after factory reset
- Lights are now also shown in slides/pages in the NEEO App instead of the long scrollable list, identical to the NEEO Remote
- Fixed room view not truncating long names correctly
- Fixed "next" and "done" buttons when adding/editing recipes
- Fixed touch handling in lists
- Model type is now shown in touchscreen
- NEEO Remote automatically does a project update when "Show Control..." step is changed
- Fixed visible touch feedback when selecting list entries
- Fixed freeze during pairing/recovery due to wrong versions
- Fixed flickering of the screen after remote reboot
- Fixed touch crashes
- Fixed sliders with negative range like -100 to 100
- Improved screen fadeout
- Full SDK Release Notes are available here
Jan Pete said:
Congratulations to a CHF 250 paperweight....
And not to forget...Reply
Bill Kaczmarek said:
I'm sure you'll do the logo for PBS. A couple logos have been missing that I've never asked for... how can I request those? They are 25-2 CUNY NY Gov and 25-1 CUNY NY Life (these two are in addition to the one that already exists for CUNY main channel 25-3)
Andy Any hope for better logos? See above and better links below.Reply