Revox B Series Commands not working
I'm owning the following Revox devices: B-285 (Tuner & Amplifier), B-225 (CD-Player), B-226 Signature (CD-Player), B-215 (Tape Deck). I bought Neeo after ensuring that all of the above devices are fully supported which was confirmed by Neeo.
Unfortunately none of the commands are working (I currently can only test the Receiver B-285 and the B-226 CD Player. I already am/was in contact with Jose Ortiz who even added a couple of commands to the B-285, but with no luck on my end. From a user experience side:
- test commands after adding a device don't work
- turning on the device when launching a recipe does not work
- Testing individual commands from the active device's shortcut menu (after having manually powered on the device) also don't work.
On the original remotes often two buttons had to be pressed at the same time to trigger the proper function on the CD Players or Tape Deck. And some of the keys on the devices had a double function in the sense that e.g. pushing Play on the CD-Player also turns on the device.
Hereby the information I shared with Jose:
I did some research and was successful with it. Although the original manufacturer went bankrupt, I found an ftp-server where all the original operating and service manuals can be downloaded.
For your records: ftp://ftp.studer.ch/public/products/Revox (losing in as Guest, no password).
The following documents are useful (all multi-lingual German, English and French)
- Revox_IR-Remote/Revox_IR_Remote_System_Serv.pdf (52.1 MB): most comprehensive overview, including commands and IR codes (covers IR transmitters B201/B201CD/B205)
- Revox_B208/Revox_B208_Op_HR.pdf (16.2 MB): covers the newer IR transmitter B208
- Revox_B208/Revox_B208_Sign_Op.pdf (3.2 MB): covers the CD only IR transmitter of the B208n family specifically designed to accompany the B226 Signature anniversary edition CD player
- Revox_B285-B286/Revox_B285-B286_Serv.pdf (260.1MB): service manual of AV Receiver
- Revox_B226_B126/Revox_B226_Serv.pdf (63.9 MB): service manual of the B-226 CD player (almost identical to B-226 Signature)
- Revox_B225/Revox_B225_Serv.pdf (131.8 MB): service manual of the B-225 CD player
- Revox_B215/Revox_B215_Serv.pdf (35.8 MB): service manual of the B-215 Tape Deck
The same link also allows to download the operating manuals. All Revox devices are supposed to be in stand-by mode (meaning not physically switched off from power).
The devices are automatically turned on by various commands (no specific turn on command), like for instance start playing track 1 (CD-Player) or switching to CD input (AV receiver)
There is an explicit turn off command that switches off all devices
Depending on IR transmitter the control of some devices (eg CD player) requires pressing of an additional button to indicate the CD player as target device
Unfortunately the documents are too big in size to be sent by email. You can either download all of them (and all the other original documentation from the manufacturer) by yourself, or I can upload it to your servers if you provide me an upload link.
Many thanks for your feedback and for the IR commands. We already have this document and created commands out of the. Unfortunately, they did not work for another user.
Also, did you already try our IR test in the other post?
The Live IR Test works the following way:
- Navigate to the Settings Menu in your NEEO app.
- Navigate to NEEO Brain.
- Click on "Live IR Test".
- Enter into the text field the following code: 7haaki9DR5
- Test the commands
Thanks for testing!
es sind schon wieder einige Monate und diverse Posts vergangen. Nun meine übliche Frage: wie sieht es mit den Codes für die Revox B-Serie aus?
Die Revox Fan- Gemeinde wäre ziemlich gross und ich bin überzeigt es gäbe viele Kunden für Neeo.
Liebe Neeo Macher: bitte gebt offen zu, wenn Ihr es nicht hinkriegt. Ansonsten erwarte ich und die anderen Revox Besitzer, dass ihr es hinkriegt!
mit erwartungsvollen Grüssen
Today I've updated my NEEO Brain @Yell (Remote is still trying to update), deleted all devices via mobile App and started to add my Sony TV and my Revox Devices. But as stated in the Email sent to you directly Andy I did not have any success!
First it's not clear which device to configure, because you offer choice for almost all of my devices:
- B285 AUDIO & B285 TUNER (although it's one device, a Receiver)
- B215 TAPE 1 and B215 TAPE 2 (again there is only one device B215)
- B208 in 4 flavours (B208 was a Remote control that was release in 2 versions)
As @Yellow Sky points out those devices never required an IR adapter. Only older devices and the turntable required an extra device (not sure whether it was B203). There were 2 other remote control devices available from Revox to control the devices: B201 and B205 (I owned the latter one)
With respect to POWER ON: Revox devices of the B-series do have a big power on/off toggle button. But in addition to that other buttons also trigger a power on event:
- with B285: clicking any input source (TUNER, PHONO, DISC, TAPE1, TAPE2)
- with B226: clicking PAUSE, PLAY/NEXT, LOAD
- with B215: clicking PLAY (not sure whether also PAUSE & STOP, because my device is currently broken)
The documentation I had provided contained all of the information with respect to what commands are available and what actions get triggered.
No test command is working for me, no matter how close I am to the Remix device. Help is needed. Anyone else with Revox equipment managed to get it work?
PS: for watching TV I need to get the Revox receiver started, for listening to CDs I also need the Revox receiver getting started and the same holds true for the tape. But when listening to radio I only need the receiver to get started (not sure why there is an Audio and Tuner version of the device)