Touch screen stupidity (lock up)
Has anyones else had this problem--
--Pick up remote from a dark screen and hard buttons work but the screen does not respond to touch ?? I have to do a restart every time ?
Anyone one else see this problem ?
Hi, Michael Hebert. Thank you very much for your feedback.
Could you tell me if this happens only when the remote is in the docking station?
Could you check if there is an automatic reboot of the remote after about 30 seconds when you have picked it up? Does the screen turn on before you try to press commands on the touchscreen? Thanks.
Hi, Michael Hebert. Thanks for keeping us updated. There is also a thread over here, which could be helpful for you.
If you use a 5GHz and a 2.4 GHz at home, have you also tried to separate your 5GHz and your 2.4 GHz network and change the SSID name of the 2,4GHz? After changing that setup, you'd have to setup the Wifi again in the settings on your NEEO Brain before pairing your NEEO Remote again.
Could you please confirm that you have tried all these steps, too:
- Reboot the router and when its back online connect the NEEO Brain via ethernet
- Reboot the NEEO Brain. When the NEEO Brain has a solid white light you can attempt to pair the remote once more
- Pair your NEEO Remote again: turn it off, then press and keep pressing the hard buttons "Power" and "Back" on the NEEO Remote, this will bring you back to the setup screens of the NEEO Remote. (You can also try to Pair it while the brain is connected via ethernet cable.)
Michael Hebert Since we are not seeing this when testing and almost nobody has reported a similar behavior, I do currently assume that your NEEO Remote might have a defect. There is an issue which rarely appears where the touchscreen driver crashes, there is a watchdog which then automatically reboots the NEEO Remote, so apparently you are having another issue.
Before we replace it, I would ask you to do a full factory reset on the NEEO Remote and test it after doing that:
1. Turn off your NEEO Remote
2. Hold the Power and Mute Button at the same time. The recovery menu will open
3. Click the button Menu and wait till the NEEO Remote has re-installed the firmware.
4. Re-Pair the NEEO Remote according to the instructions on the screen.
If the issue re-appears after that, please send us a quick link to this thread and your address email@example.com .
nuro Could you do the same test?
Patrick good morning. :)
i had the same issues this weekend. i can press the buttons more then one time, nothing happens. normaly it works after hitting buttons 3 times. with the NEEO app it is the same as well. also when NEEO is in "sleep mode"
it's not just swisscom tv, it happens at every device. i use my Marantz for volume, there is the same issue as well.
thank you and have a nice day.