NEEO SDK 50.5 - Changes and Features
Dear NEEO SDK Users
Our SDK is currently evolving quite a bit, I am happy to announce that a public SDK release is coming up. For release 0.50.5, which is just around the corner, we have a huge bunch of new SDK features coming up. This new version of our SDK will not only allow you to start using lists and much more, it will also make it very simple to have multiple drivers running at the same time by initializing them automatically with a single command.
This does not only allow you to implement much more complex drivers, this also helps us to deliver integrations for more devices much faster.
To make sure your drivers can use the full potential of the new SDK features, we have to announce a few changes which are important to know:
NEEO SDK CLI
With the SDK release 0.50.x a new way of running the drivers through a `neeo-sdk` CLI will be available. The main target is to make starting of multiple drivers much easier. The new version makes the use of `startServer` deprecated, and there is no longer a need for the developer to manually call the `disoverOneBrain` function. To make sure your driver is compatible with the new CLI, check out the required changes in MIGRATION-0-50-0.md.
Switch - Boolean instead of String
To fix an inconsistency in the switch handling we changed it so that it now makes use of a boolean instead of a string data type. So if your driver does include a switch (addSwitch), you’ll have to change it accordingly. No need to wait for the public release of the SDK or the firmware, you can go ahead an do this change right now.
SDK Release Notes
- Now Supports "isLabelVisible" flag which allows to hide the label for textlabels when needed
- Added new bridgeDevice capability, for example a Philips Hue is a bridge device which can add multiple devices
- Added support for custom lists - Including example for a file browser
- Added new device type "MUSICPLAYER"
- Added "listbutton" and "listinfo" items to list builder
- The "addSwitch() setter" is now called with boolean value instead of string (BREAKING)
- The NEEO Brain version is now validated before starting the SDK instance (>= 0.50.0)
- Added support for automatic drivers start through the 'neeo-sdk' CLI
- Added new option to register a device
- Updated devicestate service, added registerStateUpdate function
- Added support for security code entry before the discovery
- Added more Sanity Checks
- Added support for recursive NPM installs on 'devices' directory
- Implemented subscribe/unsubscribe callbacks for devices lifecycle
To fix an inconsistency in the switch handling we changed it so that it now makes use of a boolean instead of a string data type.
Patrick Fiaux Patrick
Unless I am not reading the documentation carefully, the documentation does not seem to describe the data types at all.Reply
I was hoping somebody can help me a bit to get me back in the right direction. I have been trying to get the new cli to work, but seem to have hit a roadblock. I have held off asking for a few days because I like to try and learn for myself, but at the moment I have run out of ideas. After multiple failures at getting the cli to work, I decided to try and build 2 drivers in the most basic sense. The goal was 2 drivers, 1 button from each driver, start using cli.