Release Notes "L'infini" (Release 0.50.5)
I am honestly enthusiastic about being able to announce the next firmware release today! Everybody here at NEEO is working hard to achieve our goal of even more frequent firmware releases.
In order to get it onto your NEEO quickly, make sure to check out the "How to update your NEEO” section below.
With the slide customization options we have released in 0.49.10, the shortcuts have become a much more important feature. During the last two weeks, we have therefore been working on the look of the shortcuts and widgets. In fact, there were so many changes in relation to the shortcuts and widgets that I decided not to list them all in the release notes below. As you all know, the devil is in the details. That means we are not stopping here, further improvements and features will be added to the shortcuts.
Among all the features in today’s update there is one that truly stands out. Raphael wrote a blog post about a major device we officially start supporting today:
There is a ton of other stuff in today's release. An example: A "clear" button for the Sonos queue on the NEEO Remote and App, you can now enable automatic firmware updates on the NEEO Brain, improved backup handling, further performance improvements and of course we fixed a big number of bugs. Make sure to check out the detailed release notes below to get the detailed changes.
Also, check out the Known Issues for this release.
How to update your NEEO
Once the update is available it will show up in your NEEO App as well as on the NEEO Remote in the top right corner with a red dot with an exclamation mark. All you have to do is opening the NEEO App and then follow this red exclamation mark, you’ll then be guided through the process. We have also prepared a little guide.
The firmware release is not published at the very same moment in all regions, so be aware that it may take up to 24 hours until your NEEO Brain shows the update, so give it some time.
We have released new versions for Android as well as iOS during the last days. For Android this mainly improves the NEEO Brain discovery, for iOS this mainly includes changes for the iPhone X.
To get the best experience, make sure you update these on your mobile devices.
Release Version NEEO Brain: 0.50.5
Release Version NEEO Remote: 0.50.5
- Improved firmware upgrade handling for slow and interrupted download errors
- Added support for automatic NEEO Brain firmware update
- Project backups are now evenly spaced in time. The NEEO Brain will keep the most recent backups within the last hour, the last day, the last week, the last month and since the first start (maximum of 5 backups)
- Devices flagged as "noInputCommandsNeeded" in the database now skip wiring and will not display non-automatable slide in manual mode (unless also power stupid)
- Added IKEA Trådfri support
- Fixed part of inconsistencies in forward events function (to be continued)
- Sonos Player now closes when swiping down
- Sonos Player has a centered "close" button again
- Sonos Player has improved initial loading speed
- Device icons are now displayed when adding a recipe step
- The "NEEO Brain Firmware Upgrading" screen is now always shown in App if it is updating (for example when triggered through NEEO Remote)
- Fixed "edit rooms" screen showing wrong icons
- Fixed back button disabled after restoring a backup
- Fixed recipe step view to make sure "Current Value" is not shown if not defined (i.e. Z-Wave Scene Controllers)
- Fixed recipe step view to make sure "Current Value" is shown correctly if value is 0
- Updated icon font, upgrade icon now uses clockwise arrows
- Sonos Queue Buttons layout now looks the same as on NEEO Remote
- General Sonos layout now looks the same as on NEEO Remote
- Added Clear button to the Sonos Queue
- Added optional MENU HOME widget button to control pad slide (xbox, ps4, firetv, ...)
- Added optional widgets for EJECT or OPEN/CLOSE to the scan and search slides
- Added Spotify icons to Featured, Genres, New Releases, Your Music, Playlists, Songs, Albums
- NEEO App and NEEO Remote now both show the same room icons
- Added new standard shortcut icon
- Implemented GDPR Screen
- Improved LIFX Discovery
- Implemented better support for devices which have no need for an input command
- Fixed Shortcut type text disappearing when sorting shortcuts
- Adjusted Vertical Padding in the Mobile App
- Changed Tuner Device standard icon
- Improved look of sliders and switches
- Fixed rare case where password reset email was not sent
- Unified shortcut icons to look the same on NEEO Remote and NEEO App
- Added new default shortcut icon
- Firmware upgrade (for the NEEO Brain and Remote) can now be triggered with the NEEO Remote
- Fixed charging icon, when pressing any key when remote is on the dock will now show the charging screen
- Failed to pair with NEEO Brain screen improvements
- Hard Buttons are now remapped automatically to the first active recipe after rebooting the NEEO Remote
- Improved Sonos Queue track animation to prevent wrong mapped active track icon
- Made Firmware update screens more user-friendly
- Updated icon font
- Added requested devices
- Device ID is now shown in "Unavailable Devices"
- Renamed 'Unknown' to 'Z-Wave Device'
- Fixed "fishy" error when Z-Wave failed to get parameters from devices
- Z-Wave 'Set Parameter' button is now disabled when form input is invalid
- Fixed bug where it could happen that the "Back" button is not enabled after Z-Wave exclusion failed
Looking forward to your thoughts,
Thanks for the increased rate of updates. Can you guys focus on Z-wave quality? things like - re-scan for devices would be great... right now, if a device is not found during initial scan, it just sits there as unavailable (maybe needs waking up... is what it says). If those devices are "played with" while discovery is going, they add-in, but otherwise, just sit there on the unfound list. Second and critical Z-wave thing that is STILL not there - thermostat control. Why? Adding a thermostat as a device is pointless as there are still no controls. C'mon guys - this was in from day one and still not working.Reply
Am curious though about how persistent the WiFi is on the remote. Does it go to sleep like Android 6 and above? I think I may be able to test it using Node-RED! I would like to revisit my small but awesome project using indoor positioning : https://www.internalpositioning.com/ . ====> Have Kodi turn off in Living room and another turn on in the bedroom automatically. How? I run different automation servers.Reply
Two steps forward, one back, I'm afraid. I like the new non-ugly button icons. And three across beats two across. But now only four rows instead of 5? That's a big loss. (If the vertical scrolling idea is implemented, it won't be as bad.)
In this 4x3 world (as compared to the 5x2 world), some widgets lose their utility. Having widgets with three buttons was a way to improve on the old two buttons per row, and besides, the widget buttons are prettier. But now the advantage of a three-button widget over three individual buttons is lost (except for the aesthetics). But worse, there are lots of two-button widgets. Now that there are only four rows, these widgets take up proportionately more screen real estate. I'd still like to be able to have five three-button widgets on one page, but right now the available widgets for the device I most need this for are just inadequate.
All this makes my request for more and better widgets even more relevant now. https://planet.neeo.com/t/y7jwv9/more-and-better-dvr-widgetsReply
What's the deal with NeeoLink setting now defaulting to off, and only suggested to turn on if WiFi use has problems? I thought NeeoLink was there so the Remote could instantly communicate with the Brain without having to go through WiFi. Shouldn't NeeoLink normally be the optimal way to communicate?Reply
Fixed charging icon, when pressing any key when remote is on the dock will now show the charging screen
Am I under the impression that you can now no longer use the remote while it's docked? If so, this is disappointing. I have my Neeo remote dock on my work desk and use it to control my music. There's no need to be wasting battery resources (nor have it undocked) for simple music control. I wake it up with a button press, scroll through the list, tap on a song and it plays, the remote falls back asleep. Is this still possible with this update?Reply